Leslie, Erin- Here is the famous suit. Somewhere, somewhere there are some photos of the kids and I am scrambling to find those, because those are the money shots.
I don't even want to hear that it's not that bad. Because it may look one way on the floor but I have a very long torso and the sexy peek a boo neck line just looked gross. I really stretched that thing out. It was probably about 2 sizes small for me. I tried to get a close up of the fabric. I said 1981. I'm thinking more 1991 which is worse!
I know we have a picture of me in the suit but I will NOT be posting it. Sorry.
6 comments:
Ha! The fabric is hidious. The pattern is bearable, in a pinch. That is more than a peek-a-boo neckline though. More like a peek-a-boo-everything-above-the-waist. But what's funnier to me than the actual suit is imaging all the reactions of your fellow swimmers. Especially if it did in fact fit a couple sizes too small. Thanks for sharing this adventure. It really does make me miss you so much!!
Oh boy, I bet you looked pretty hot in it, that is why everyone was staring.
It is pretty bad, I like the high cut leg opening. I'm sure that really made your legs look longer and your hips look slimmer. Looking at this suit really does bring all kinds of bad early-90's style memories to mind, with a vengeance. I blame everything ugly I had to wear on mom, since I was underage at the time.
I still think my Wyoming suit was worse, although MUCH more modest (also blamed on mom. Mom--just teasing. Sort of.).
Susie...I do believe you mean "Infamous Suit" because surely that thing is the stuff legends are made of. :) I love your blog, it made my day.
My, My, My! That is mighty haute couture swimwear. But at least you were able to keep your "nickels" tucked in!
I think I may have a photo, Susie - and since my girls insist on still wearing THEIR suits (whenever they can find them) I get frequent visual confirmation of the bum cheeks phenom. Thanks for the super FUNNY post about your recent camping excursion. Seeing me laughing so hard (with tears) the girls extracted a summary of events. They both agreed that THEIR trip sounded MUCH better. Especially after I explained about the fart pockets. Somehow bad smelling air sounded worse than the vomiting. They did express regret (EVEN after the horrors) at not being there. They sure love you all!
Post a Comment