Monday, August 8, 2011

Big hair, big mouths and little bums.

The goal is to stop posting only on birthday's. Because blog worthy stuff really does happen around here other than just birthday's and anniversaries. In fact much more funny and juicy stuff goes on on a day to day basis but birthday's we get all serious and traditional and we want you to think we are kind and normal people. Truth is- I'm lazy and it's guilt that drives me to do blog posts on birthday's. How else will my children ever know I love them if I don't proclaim it on the world wide web? I'll start non-birthday posting after this one last birthday post. Promise.

Sheldon- 4. August 8th. Sheldon was born by emergency c-section. It wasn't so much an emergency rather than they needed the room I was hogging while we waited for my tea and banana to digest. Lame. The "c" was necessary but having an "emergency c" means your hubby can't be in the room to watch his first born be... born. Lame and sad. "Emergency c" also means they put you under. Cool. I was A-Okay with that. I just wish I had been put under before they sha..."prepped" me. Talk about a nurse Nazi with a pair of men's hair clippers. Hey, why don't you take a few hours in beauty school before you go to town with those things LADY! You're supposed to oil them!! Those were my last words before I went out. Then there was Sheldon! Totally worth the crooked scar (thanks doc!) and ingrown hairs and nicks.
Sheldon's current obsessions are- dinosaurs and FOSSILS! I love 4! We were at a friends house for dinner last night and he picked up the naked rib bones and screamed- "FOSSILS! Let's bury them!" My favorite thing about Sheldon.... Tricked you! You thought I was going to say his hair. I said that last year. Even better- his teeny, tiny BUM! It fits in the palm of my hand. Now how cute is that? A bum that fits in your hand. Super cute. We love you Sheldon. Your hair, your bum and everything in between.

Little bum.


Jay!- 2. July 31. I had Jay on my couch in my bedoom! p.s. I fold my laundry on that couch. Have you hugged me lately:)? Kidding. Sorry. After I had Jay I stayed up all night holding him and stroking him and just being excited. That was my first time doing that after the birth of one of my babies. It was so nice. Usually I'm a wreck after. Crying. Crazy. Exhausted. I wish everyone can experience that post baby bliss at least once. The next night I was crying and crazy. But the first night was awesome. I still haven't forgotten it.
Jay's current obsessions are- anything that will fit on his head. Tupperware works the best. Hats. Beanies. Wigs. You name it. He loves purses and finger nail polish. He also LOVES a shoot gun. Anything can be turned into a shoot gun. Not a shot gun. A SHOOT gun. Did you know that? Sticks. Wooden spoons. Fingers. Legos. Marble Works. He loves to sit on dad's lap and peer through the bb scope. (I'm fine with it.) He has a wide range of interests and it's just the cutest. What do I love the most about Jay? A teeny, tiny mouth that gets super duper huge when he opens it. Check it out! We love you Jay. Little/big mouth, eyes, ears and nose.


Big Mouth


Bro's before ho's dude. Bro's before ho's.
(yes I did.)





What does vacation mean to me? A vacation means to me- a vacation from my hair dryer. The first time Christian saw my hair in it's "natural" state was on our trip to hot, humid Roatan. There was nothing I could do to hide it. It was like the first time your husband catches you in the bathroom. Weird. Remember the "Friends" episode when Monica's hair gets bigger and bigger every day on the tropical island they all went to? That's what happens to me! 2 days into our stay he expressed his surprise in how big and unruly my hair is." I didn't know you had hair like....that." This year we went to Big Bear. It's not hot or humid but it's my vacation and besides, all of the men wear muscle shirts so why on earthy should I straighten my hair? On a scale of 1-10 of how nasty it can be (see below) that is a 2. Ask me how much I care? I don't care. When I'm in Big Bear or Roatan or any place where no one knows me. Vacation means I don't plan my day around my hair possibly getting wet. Bon appetite.

Happy Summer!

7 comments:

melancholyjune said...

Happy birthday to the little Trojan and Jay-jay! Little Trojan really has that little Greek physique: braod shoulders, small bum. Def a Demke bum. We miss you guys. and I would kill to have hair like your "natural" state hair. Seriously. xo

Luna said...

Happy Birthday Boys!! (2 ! for 2 boys)

The difference in the 2 births must have been night and day....literally. Since one you were awake for and the other asleep!

I think the look on your face priceless in that hair picture!

Molly said...

Yay, blog more! I love your hair, anythings got to be better than this straight mess I have to deal with every day.

Also, your boys are adorable! I can't believe how old everyone is getting!

HeatherWasHere said...

Love little bums! Love little/big mouths! Happy birthday boys!!! Smooches and hugs!

Erin said...

Happy birthday to the Demke boys. Love them. And miss them. Wyatt keeps asking me when we can go play at Shelly's house. Maybe you guys should come up here???
And your vacation hair is not that bad. You can at least pull off wearing yours "curly." I just look somewhat homeless when I attempt that.

The Faridoni Fam said...

Ahhhh, I have missed you! So glad to have you back. Happy birthday to the littles. You can pull off ANYTHING, including your vacation hair. Always have. Your expression did make me chuckle a bit though:)

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Um, how can your baby be TWO.....didn't you just have him??

P.S I would die for a lil' curl to my hair.