Thursday, May 7, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday

Whitley's birthday.. I wish I took more pictures. I'm missing all the adults. 


Daphne in the sky

Birthday Girl- Thank you Katherine! Katherine makes adorable cooking accessories for our little chef.

Cohen- the cutest chub baby ever. 


Clara looking fabulous in green.

David holding his leg.

Grandma taking a pony ride.

Erin not taking a pony ride because she is eating chips:)

June Bug and Poncho 

Clara Bell and Poncho

Dean the bean and Poncho

Sheldon, Bottle and Jocelyn on Poncho

June + Bo. Jill- I'm serious. You can have our dog. 

Pin-yati-ya!

Gavin being "gentle".

David not being "gentle".


  April is my favorite month. And yes I know it's May. Why is it my favorite month? It's my birthday month!!! And I do love my birthday. Probably more than you do. I pretty much love any reason to celebrate ME and I was born in April so naturally- favorite month of the year. Followed by May. Mother's Day! 
  I actually have to share the month with 4 other people in my family. Which is okay- I guess. Can't always have it your way. Except at Burger King..... But I just remembered we don't eat there. Christian is allergic. Yes- to the whole restaurant. Anyway. Sharing is good. It's something Whitely and I have to work on. Soooo...

Happy late birthday to Us!

  For my big day Christian was wonderful and as always does the sweetest most wonderful birthday kind of stuff a girl would love. I have to give him credit and say for a man he is very "on" in the gift giving department. It probably could be my favorite thing about him. Unlike my girl Rebecca I absolutely love presents (from Christian) and have no qualms about accepting them. Are you shocked? And he never disappoints. Not that I would ever be disappointed because I really like pretty much anything he thinks to give (like the red bike he really surprised me with last year). In general I just really like to unwrap stuff. If it's wrapped- I'll love it. Now maybe if I got a metal filing cabinet I might feel just a tad let down. That happened to my mom. But so far no filing cabinets. I'm a lucky lucky girl.


It's kind of like this.  If the feelings aren't mutual- It's okay. I don't take it so personally anymore. Everything isn't so personal anymore. Have you noticed that?  I like being at this place in my life where it's okay. I'm okay! Of course I want to be better, nicer, smarter, generous-er..... but my feelings about me aren't so reliant on someone else. It's very refreshing. It feels good. Perhaps it's because life's problems are getting more complex and bigger and it's not worth the time to be worrying about such petty stuff when there are much bigger issues at hand, but just the same it feels good not being so insecure all the time. This boost of confidence that has seemed to come out of nowhere is quite nice. Anyone else notice this? And all the things I'm not so confident about- it's so much easier to laugh about now. Which leads me to-



"Happy Birthday Susie".    "Why thank you my dear!"

8 comments:

April Hunsaker said...

Susie you hit the nail on the head as usual! I for sure love bdays and the month of April...but of course that ones for obvious reasons. The fresh youthful girls...check...the time it takes to look presentable...check...the being ok with it because life's too short check...sadly we can't become more stunning with each child, which does not seem fair. And the thing about men getting more attractive, I don't get that! Scott's crinkles look sexy. Me-not so much! I wonder why that is? Well, I'm glad you summed it up so nicely, oh and the thing about Whitley learning to share, birthdays are one of those things where you never have to-and thats ok!

kelly said...

YOU ARE CUTE! I'm with you on the cake thing. I think that's why I got fat. Micah's 1 st birthday, leftover Costco cake, me home all day, gone in 2 days, all me.

melancholyjune said...

Ok first of all... you have a Costco. All we have in this part of the country is Sams and BJs. I'd be willing to gain the 10lbs if it came from eating Costco cake.

2. I'm a couple years from 30 and I already look like a hot mess w/o concealer. What my 30s be like for me? Laser resurfacing, here we come!

3. You are GORGEOUS. And I am with you on the man getting older thing. And it's nice that J is 7 years older than me so he will get there before me. Yes, I am the trophy wife... as are you!

melancholyjune said...

oops I forgot a few things. LOVE sheldon's hair! Who knew he had such luscious golden curls! I'd love to have that over a raven hair child any day! And yes I love how chubs Cohen is.

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Can I just say, I didn't even think about all the stuff happening because I was "in my thirties", I thought I was just growing up. But now that I'm thinking about it, I have felt a lot more comfortable in the last two years, so maybe you've got onto something. Unfortunately my self-worth has never really been tied to what others thought of me, it's more about pleasing myself which is, let's face it, impossible. 99% of the time, I could care less and I'm okay with me, imperfections and all. Too bad that other 1% seems to be so all consuming when it comes...

The Faridoni Fam said...

You always say it best! And you are more beautiful every time I see you. I'm serious! Speaking of birthdays, I STILL have not mailed your card! I mine as well hand deliver it since we are going to try to meet up in a week or two.

HeatherWasHere said...

I also love being a bit older than I was. I get more and more comfortable with who I am, not so subject to what others might think. I'm with you on the cute thing. A few years ago, I realized I don't really "turn heads" anymore, (and I know that sounds beyond obnoxious), but then I realized its kind of a relief, not having to worry about it. Thirties rule. I hear good things about forties too.

jenny demke said...

I'm excited to be my 30s. twenties are over rated. i have never been able to just toss my hair up in a ponytail and look cute. not even close. so i know i'm not even going to come close to looking like u when i'm 30. oh well