Christian made this Halloween costume for Sheldon. He even sewed little monkey nickels and a belly button on it!
This was Christian's Halloween costume when he was a baby. His mom made it.


Future Spencer W. Kimball?Happy Happy Birthday Sheldon Dear!
Shelly
Shelly Belly
Shel-Dog
Shlameil
Shlamozil
Shelly Belly Bean
Today Sheldon Stuart is 2 years old. Sheldon was named after Sheldon Demke his grandfather who passed away right before Christian and I were married. I still remember when Christian tearfully told me he would like to name him after his father. It was an honor to do so. He was a wonderful, good man.
Stuart was a name I liked and also is the last name of my Aunt Debbie, who is best friends with Christian's mom and it was her idea (Debbie's) to set Christian and I up. She got the ball rolling. THANK YOU!!
That's the origion of our son's name. Demke is because that's our last name.
Some of Sheldon's favorite things are
-Pushing things around the house. Most especially laundry baskets.
-Playing alone.
-Being with dad. Anywhere with dad.
-Dad
-Hurting the cat.
-Steak.
-Bottles
-Kung Fu Panda. Namely the part where he sneaks down the hall and falls through a floor board. Gets him every time.
-His blanket
-Tricycles, cars and trains
Some of his least favorite things are
-Whitley
-Vegetables
-Playing with Whitley
-Sharing.....
That's about it. He is such a happy little fellow. He has had a few personality changes since he was born but he is a product of me so it's not that surprising. He's seems to be more like his babyself these days. Happy, happy and happy.
I don't know how to say this without hurting any one's feelings but Sheldon is the most beautiful child I have ever seen. He is an angel. I can't believe I had such a beautiful creature come out of me. Whatever good features Christian and I have, they were all dumped into him. He didn't get one of our flaws. I know I'm obnoxious but I don't care because it's true. I have to stop myself from biting him sometimes.
At Disneyland all the "cast members" ask how the "little princess" is enjoying "herself". I can't tell you how often people refer to him as she. I'll tell you a sick little secret- it pleases me to no end because he IS beautiful. He does look like a little girl! I will never ever tell him that of course, because it could really mess with his mind that for 2 years everyone thought he was a girl, but it makes me secretly very proud. Just because it validates to me that he is that gorgeous!
Sheldon is my angel baby and he is an absolute delight! His smile is golden and magical. We call him our golden boy. I know that he is going to be a very special man. When all of my children are babies I have these weird revelations, okay not weird, but I get these feelings when I look at them in their infancy and I get a really strong sense of who they are and why they are here. It's my hope that someday he realizes just how special he is and what a great man he will become and the influence he will have in the world around him. He is such a blessing to our family.
Sheldon came into our lives during a very stressful time but his sweet personality brought such a calm and joy into our home that made it easier to deal with what was going on at the time. He made everything bearable and helped us enjoy life while in the middle of some very challenging trials. He continues to do that. You can't be sad when he's running around with his laundry basket.
Sheldon helped me learn to focus on what's really important even when your life feels like it's turned upside down. Even now, as we are back in almost the exact same situation we were in 2 years ago when he was born, I find that it is the furthest thing from my mind. Life works itself out. Children are precious. Sheldon is precious.
Sheldon is getting some Tonka trucks and a tricycle from us this year but it seems incomparable to the priceless gift he has given me. Peace.
Happy Birthday Baby. My angel baby.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday, Sweet boy. Can't believe you're already 2!!! And we miss your Grandpa Sheldon too!
Happy Birthday Sheldon! I am so sad we can't be there for his birthday. I'm sure he'll love the cake best! Give him a big hug for me. I miss him and Gavin and Whitley and Jay already:(
Grandma Hart
I'm glad to see he still loves his red meat. He *is* an angel, a golden child, and so so beautiful. His Pres. Kimball pic is the money shot. Too bad the Ensign doesn't have a funny foto corner. Happy Birthday little Shelly!
Post a Comment