Monday, August 3, 2009

Pictures, pictures and more pictures

Birth tub. Christian was the only one who could muster up a smile. Half smile. Grin? Happy face?
He looks scared but he wasn't . He was amazing! I'll hire him out as a great birth coach. He was wonderful!!!
Sometimes I asked him not to touch me.
Just about over. 
Sweet relief! Can you tell?
The kids were at the beach and when they came home grandma took them outside to play while I was laboring. When we brought them up to see the baby they were shocked!! They didn't even know I was in labor. 
First bath. Cried.
A little too much of this...
And not enough of this.

11 comments:

melancholyjune said...

susie, you are my hero! and what a sweet baby. sending my love your way!

Erin said...

Congratulations again Susie! Jay is so cute, and we are all impressed with your birthing story!

Ange said...

Jay is beautiful! I am sitting here crying! What a joy! Hopefully he will start crying less and sleeping more!

Anonymous said...

You are my hero! I am so impressed by this. He is beautiful. We were on vacation all week and I thought about you a lot and hoped all was going well. You look great in the pictures and Jay is adorable. Lots of Love, Kameron Salo

aunt jenny said...

Hooray! I hadn't known Sheldon was a c-section birth. Annie had a miserable c-section with Logan and is 100% convinced that number 2 will also be a c-section...but I agree that being informed is the only real answer. The information is out there (mixed with all that other stuff). Either way; they get here and then they ARE here. Hooray!

kelly said...

I am so glad that everything went well for you. After 4 c-sections I am a little jealous. Mine was a very different situation though, so I am just glad that I was able to have my children and we all lived through it! He is a beautiful baby and I loved the pictures.

jenny demke said...

Oh i can't wait to see that boy. and you. andy and i think he looks like sheldon did. so cute. you are super mom. this makes me want to have another one!..but not a home birth- that looks rough...and i'm a wimp..unlike you. you're amazing!
take it easy and we will see you soon.

The Ward Family said...

Gosh you are so inspirational really!! You seem like a determined, strong woman!! Amazing birth story and pictures. Hope you can rest some and take it easy! What time would you guys like dinner Tuesday? all the kids will be there right?

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Look at him! SOOOOO cute! Congratulations and hop it's a little easier to sleep now....bleeding nipples and all....oops - maybe that was just me....

HeatherWasHere said...

I'm so glad you got this stuff up there. Your post was perfect, your pictures are beautiful. Congratulations on a healthy wonderful birth and baby. The family picture is so sweet. I love you guys!

Luna said...

Great pictures! I will have to talk to you sometime... cuz there were not enough details! Way to go on the home birth. It sounds like it went really well.