Gorgeous even in labor. How does that work out?
I love Andy's face in this picture.
SO BEAUTIFUL! and smelly?
Before I leave I just wanted to post that Jenny Demke had her baby. AND I GOT TO BE THERE! It was so amazing. Cohen James Demke was born October 15th at 10:03pm and weighed 8lb 9oz. And I must say he is beautiful. Becky and I rushed down to Escondido around 7:30 pm. I thought she had already had it because Andy called around 6:00pm and said she was fully dilated getting ready to go. I thought he had to be mistaken with his information. Oh no. Jenny pushed for almost 4 HOURS. 4 HOURS! I didn't even know they let women go that long. I'm so glad she had a patient doctor and nurse. When we crept into the room around 9:30pm (we took a little detour) we hear PUSH! and 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and breeeeeth and I got nervous and scared that we would walk in and she would be screaming and angry. Oh no. We peeked around the curtain and like a labor model (if there is there such a thing) there is Jenny pushing and smiling looking absolutely calm and even a little bored. After her push she layed (is that a word?) back, looked over at us, gave us a big grin and warmly welcomed us into the room. She had been pushing for 3 hours already! Is that right? Almost 3? I could not believe it. She was so calm and she even looked pretty! Who looks pretty when they push out a baby? Jenny Demke does. She did so good. She kept a funny attitude and Andy was so sweet. He had chapstick duty. He was on it! It was so wonderful to be part of that. Cohen ended up needing a little help on his way out. He was being stubborn. When the doctor handed the baby to Jenny everyone was crying, if I could describe Andy's face it would melt your heart. I have never seen him look so happy and calm and serene. Something in that very instant just changed completely, in his face and it was one of the sweetest moments I have ever experienced. The entire thing. The best part was when they kind of cleaned Cohen up and gave him to Jenny again, she leaned over to kiss him and sniffed him I guess and looked at her baby and said- you smell funny. It was so cute. Everyone was crying and laughing. What a blessing. We are so happy for our new cousin and proud of Jenny and Andy. They will be wonderful parents. Cohen is so lucky. We love you guys.
3 comments:
wow! Jenny looks beautiful and so is that baby boy. I love those pictures.
Hey Suzy! I'm glad I found your blog and I loved reading your post! :)
This is funny. you really make me sound like the hero that I am NOT. i LOVE it! thank you.
Post a Comment