Tuesday, October 28, 2008

In my world

I wish it was socially acceptable to wear an evening gown around when I run errands. It would just make me happy and be a lot more fun. 
Maybe some gloves too. I really love gloves. 

8 comments:

jennifer said...

maybe that's not socially acceptable for adults, but your girls can totally get away with it! i take lizzie with me on errands after her dance class and she will NOT change out of her leotard and tutu before we go. all the ladies in the stores think it's sooo cute.

jill said...

When Steve and i were dating i showed up at his house in a formal gown, gloves, tiara and all i just felt like dressing up. Steve was amused or at least he pretended to be. Nonetheless I too fell like dressing up like that every once in a while just to go to target or something. i think Christian was there you can ask him if he remembers that.

The Lehnick Family said...

I say go for it Susie! I would rather see a beautiful girl like you dressed all up, then what I see sometimes when I am running errands...did you see Oprah the other day...something like how to get the sexy back in moms?? I so need that right now...6 months after having a baby and as busy as us moms can get, we sometimes forget about ourselves...

HeatherWasHere said...

You and Halle. Yeah, when does that stop being okay?

kristyn said...

Susie, I would love if you showed up in formal wear one day. Ruth and I were just saying the other day how we need to have a girls/craft night and dress up in nice, fun clothes that we don't regularly get to wear. Because, let's be honest, who really wears heels and fun jewelry to go pick up their kids from school, or to do the laundry?
By the way, how was Roaton? Are pictures coming soon?

Susie Demke said...

Yeah. but Christian is wearing in speedo in a lot of them. Kidding. I wasn't allowed to take pictures but he seriously wore one. Did you guys know this about him? Before we met. He was so at ease. Whatever.

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Since when do you care about being socially acceptable?? Geez. I think you would look fabulous in an evening gown...even if it did reveal the house arrest anklet...

Susie Demke said...

thank you Rebecca for exposing me. I have been ruing the day you find me.