Lead me guide me walk beside me, help me find the way...
About 6 months ago Gavin was at work with Christian and he saw a check on his desk made out to some person or company for $300 dollars. Gavin thought it was a paycheck.
G- freezes- Wait a minute.... Are you telling me that if I worked here I could make THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS!?
(Remember the payday scene from "Big")
C- Definitely
G- Why didn't anybody tell me that?!
So we have promised Gavin a job when it's legal to hire him.
But Gavin has a plan.
If he could make $300 hundred dollars just working at Berrett, for sure he could make double that if he took over the bug empire! Clever boy. That's a lot of video games. And gum.
Check your drinks Jon and Christian.
Oh this makes us so proud, even though it was the $300 dollar "pay"check that sold him on the business. Hey it is a lot of money. What 8 year old wouldn't be swayed by that? If you ask Gavin what he wants to do when he grows up he will look you right in the eyes and tell you he is going to take over his step fathers' business.
Proud and nervous.....
Alright, so the moral of this little story aside from the possibility of making a whopping $300 (a year) is how sweet it's been to watch the relationship of Gavin and Christian slowly unfold. I feel like I've been holding my breath with those two. I've had to sit on my hands and hold my tongue and let them do this together without trying to make it work for them. I'm always trying to make everything work. Sometimes that doesn't work.
It's been slow yes, but Christian is solid and patient and has never been one to push. No one likes to be pushed. Or pulled. And now I see that he is quietly being followed. By a little secret admirer who knows he won't ever lead him astray.
And slowly exhale.....
8 comments:
This definitely brought a tear to my eye. What great boys you have. And Gavin looks more and more like you every time I see him. (or a picture) Very sweet.
This was a very sweet post. It just goes back to everything we've been talking about with a certain situation. Breathe in and out, slowly. You are guys are amazing!
this is so cute. i understand gavin's excitement with the money. i could do SO much with $300 a year.
Christian is such a good (step)dad.
they are going to be BEST buddies someday...you'll see.
That's more than I make in a year...
Oh, to revisit the good old days of childhood when money for candy and buying a new tape with weekly allowance was all that mattered.
So sweet how relationships happen...I grew up (older than Gavin) and it took awhile, but I developed a great relationship with my step-dad as well. So neat. I will tell my mom your congrats! She is one awesome lady...thanks for the sweet comments about her...she is REAL and that is what I LOVE about her! And I loved your last post...I don't know how I missed my little Whitley!?? I didn't see that update on my blog. Hope you are feeling great!
awww that last part made me totally tear up! So sweet.
Sweet post. Christian seems very calm and patient. That's exciting to see their relationship grow!
Post a Comment