Friday, September 19, 2008
no title
I have to say one last thing about "the tradition." The reason I am posting it on my blog as opposed to telling Kristin in person is because when the waiter brought out our desserts they brought Kristin's out with a little candle in it and the second they placed it in front of her and before Steve and I could even get out 2 notes of a rousing rendition of Happy Birthday, Kristin blew out the candle and gave us all the stink eye. HAPPY BIRTH...........puff/stinkeye...-oh. I thought bringing it up at the dinner table which was round with just the six of us sitting at it all staring at each other would make her a little uncomfortable. Okay all of us. It was kind of intimate. Refer to warning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for the birthday nod. Sorry about taking the wind out of your sails at Ruth's Chris. If you want, you can give me a personal rendition of "Happy Birthday" next time I see you. Also, don't worry about the name spelling thing-- few people in my life ever get it right. Besides, I think I botch yours too. I try spelling it different ways each time so that at least once I'll get it right.
P.S. I would have never guessed about the Marie Osmond infatuation-- you're very mysterious!
It's okay. Like I said it can be a little awkward looking someone in the eyes and telling them why you like them. We were all sitting pretty close. You have been a good sport about having to take part in that with the Demke's. You were owed one.
Post a Comment