I think I'm allergic to lobster. The past few times I've had it the next day has been pretty rough for me. It's happened enough to me to make some connection. Erin says it's all the butter I dip it in. But I dip EVERYTHING in butter. I think I'm just going to deal with it. If it were anything else say- carrots, burritos, milk, I would just give them up. Easily. But 2 days of painful stomach cramps and diarrhea for a delicious lobster tail? Totally worth it. Kristin's birthday-Ruth's Chris. Speaking of........
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTIN!!
Out of 500 photos on iphoto this was ONE of TWO that I had of you. Taken 2 years ago! How have you escaped my camera lens all these years? Maybe I will have to take you to the beach for naked feet and pregnant belly shots. Kidding. Really, really kidding. Kristin is the one in the red shoes:)
I made the Demke family embrace (not willingly) a Hart family tradition for their birthdays. Each birthday you have to say one thing you like about the person who's birthday is being celebrated. Kristin has been to enough of our birthdays to have to take part in this tradition which is hilarious because it makes her so uncomfortable. The best was Sam's birthday. They hardly know each other. Anyway. In keeping with tradition. (Warning- don't try this if you are uncomfortable giving family members hugs. It's been known to make people feel really awkward.) Which is why I make the Demke's do it.
"I like Kristin becaaaaaaaaause.............you have to pause and draw it out........." She always gives fabulous gifts AND she is a wonderful mother AND she is so sweet to my kids AND she loves to eat with me. I don't like her just for her great gift giving but she does and I want to acknowledge that.
Looking at this made me miss the old ranch house. Fun
4 comments:
thats an interesting photo, was that taken the night I first met you? I did not realize until now how long my hair has grown the past two years.
sorry didn't realize I was signed in as steve its me jill
it's true. i always get nervous at the end of dinner on someone's birthday, because i know that the "I love ____ because..." is coming. it makes me so sweaty!...especially if i'm at the end of the line, and everyone in front of me has already said what i wanted to say. :)
jenny, I love you. You crack me up. I'm sorry. You should be exempt because we know this is so hard for you. But it's so funny to me.
Post a Comment