Monday, September 8, 2008
















Okay so it was my intention when starting this blog to put up some posts a few times a week. I had to have been bored or feeling unusually ambitious because I don't really do anything that I don't have to do a "few times a week", unless it has to do with the kids and I paid for it.  So this is going to be more of a few times a month, type of blog. I aim low. It works for me. I do however have a good excuse for abandoning my blog pretty much after just starting it aside from laziness. We had a hectic/ wonderful/ busy/ superfunfly past 2 weeks that kept us all especially me pretty wrapped up for awhile. 
There was Sheldon and Clyde's first birthday party. (Lots of pictures) Jill, Steve and Christian and I rented out the "Plunge" in Brea for the evening to have the boy's party there. It. was. a.  blast! Our family was the first one there to set up so I made sure to get in a few dives and cannon balls in, off the amazing springing long diving board that I love that is at the "Plunge" and I never get to use because there are usually a thousand people at the pool and the line is always super long, before the other adults arrived.  I thought I might be a little embarrassed when all the other guests arrived because I think I lost all my skills when I gained 20 pounds, went up 3 bra sizes and and grew a foot and a half . I was pretty good when I was 14 and they still made diving boards for pools.  I love diving boards, and watched longingly as the kids and dads used it all evening. Then an hour into the party, one mom walks up there like she owned the thing, saunters up the stairs,  stands there, looks around  and then runs full speed off the board and does a SPREAD EAGLE into the water. I was like- I'm next- excuse me people, get out of my way, she did it, I'm doing it too. She looked so amazing and that was it for me. I speed-walked right over to the board, so the life guard wouldn't call me out and I was on it the rest of the night. Jill can do a really good flip by the way. It's almost perfect. Lots of friends and family, we had a wonderful time. We are definitely doing it next year. Steve and Rodney catered all the food, which was delicious and fancy and so over the top! Thankyouthankyouthankyou. The boys are so, so adorable and I look at them and honestly go back and forth on who could be cuter. We love Clyde so much and feel like in some way he is a little bit ours too because they were due so far apart, but happened to be  born on the same day and we feel a special connection to him. We are certain they decided to come down together- just for funnsies because they were such good pals before they got here. I'm thinking a band next year? 
My sister Erin finally arrived from Utah. Truthfully that's why I haven't touched the computer. We have not stopped talking. Okay I haven't stopped talking. Erin is our really "healthy" sister. Her therapy worked.  Actually, Erin was a director at a very prominent eating disorder clinic in Utah (Centers for Changes) one of the top in the country,  so she pretty much is a like therapist now. In my mind.  She is helping me with my boundaries and stuff so just be warned. Sorry that was rude. I pretty much just follow her around the house and tell her all my troubles and worries and funny stories and woes, pretty much any thought that enters into my head. I sing and dance for her. She is patient and acts very interested which only eggs me on. I'm scared she is going to tell me to stop soon so I am trying to get it all out before her patience runs out. Erin and Jake are excited to be out here in California, I think, and believe it or not their move has been such a blessing for our family. In so many ways. I am very very  happy and thankful to have them here. They/SHE help us/ME so much.
We took the boys to Disneyland. It was...okay. I know! But you know me. I have no problem dragging a cranky one year old out of the house, driving to Anaheim, parking in a remote parking lot and boarding a tram in 102 degree heat for a churro. I love them. The boys were really confused and a little scared about the whole experience. We'll give them a few more months to catch up and appreciate what's going on.   It was basically like a really long hot walk for them, with a few rests for scary weird rides. 
THEN my darling sister in law Katherine had her baby boy Dutch! September 4th. In a BATHTUB!! Go Katherine. She said she wanted to do it and she did it. She walked into Kaiser, said (in my version of the story)- this is how I would like to deliver, asked for her medical records, took them to a nice birthing center, got all set up and a few weeks later had her son in a cozy room in  a cozy bathtub with her hubby. The labor was not cozy though. We are so excited for our new cousin/nephew. He is sweet and beautiful and has luscious dark hair and sleeps a lot.  He was born the day before his sister Daphne's birthday. Daphne is adjusting. Slowly. All I can say is Whitley still won't admit that she is related to Sheldon and I think she may be holding out hope that we aren't really keeping him even. Even though we have told her that we are....forever. SO much wonderful stuff going on!
Truthfully though these past few weeks have been really hard for me with Gavin going back to school and leaving back to Fresno. I have been a little unmotivated to do much. It was a wonderful summer and I wasn't allowing myself to think about him going back when the school year started. So when it happened it was a blow and I have been a little depressed. I knew it was coming I just didn't want to think about it. I miss him. There is so much more to say about this but I am going to stop. Erin is around here somewhere. I recognize that there are lots of little blessings all around me and nice things that help me get through the weeks when I can't be with him. Lots of people around to help me be optomistic when I'm not feeling it. 
We had my sister Elizabeth and her family visit. That's the family with the triplets. A poop and pee filled weekend. We have a new trampoline. Come over to jump. Our cat ate our lizard and Bo (our dog) came back from boarding school. Boo. This is our life and we wouldn't have it any other way. I just copied that from John and Kate plus 8. 
There are actually a few things I could change if someone really wanted to know. Starts with a big fat J! I'm going to leave that, I might edit it later. When I feel guilty. But maybe I won't, I'm working on my boundaries.




1 comment:

jenny demke said...

i LOVE your posts, and all the pictures...i'm just a little sad i'm not in ANY of them. but, if i WAS in your pictures i would probably say something like, "ewww. take that picture of me off. i look so fat." so i guess it's a good thing.