Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Back in the swing of things

Our school year has started and once again we are back into the swing of things with our Clovis/Norco travel. And we love it! Life is never slow around here and it's so true- time flies when you're having fun.  It's going to be a little more chaotic this year with one more baby but that's what we do- chaos. We're pretty good at it now. It's how we roll.

This first trip to Clovis I brought up Sheldon and Jay with me and then Christian and Whitley came up for the rest of the weekend. We had so much fun. We all love it when Christian gets to visit. We like to show him around our stomping grounds. We took him to the Dog House Grill for lunch after Gavin's soccer game and gave him a little taste of the land o' Fresno. Mmmm tri-tip. College football and tri-tip. Sounds like a party we like to have. 

It was fun spending a few days with my boys. My 3 sons. My sweet, beautiful, delicious little boys. That's sounds weird but I'll leave it. Gavin had his jog a thon on Thursday and I took the two little boys out to cheer him on. It was hot and miserable. However, Gavin had a whole bunch of cheerleaders out there that day! He's so lucky. And we do love to create a spectacle of ourselves, don't we? We sure do. He loves it too. You should ask him. When Gavin and I are together, everyone needs to be a part of it. Anyway. 
I've mentioned how Sheldon loves to run, even if it's nowhere in particular. So when he sees a huge crowd of kids running, you better believe he's going to join in on all of that hot fun. About a lap in to the race he couldn't stand it anymore just watching all those kids "getting" to run, so I let go of the back of his shirt and he took off with all his might and go and dashed right into the frantic mob of hot, sweaty fourth graders racing for Popsicle sticks. Don't tell him he's 2ft shorter than everyone else. He BOLTED. It was so cute. He ran so hard and he swung his little arms so hard. I was anticipating that when he got to the bend of the lap he was going to just keep running right out to the field, out the school gates and run as far away from me as he could, like he usually does when he picks up the notion to have a jog, and that I was going to have to chase after him with Jay in the Bjorn like some crazy, sweaty fat lady with a baby flopping around on her chest. But he took the turn with the other kids and kept right in line. It was funny to see all the kids tripping over him. I have to say, he was faster than about half the them out there. Run skinny boy run!


There he goes. The little half sized man in red shorts.

Coming in... Can you spot him? Look low.


Last leg and he was heading right into my open arms, but then runs past me

straight to my diet coke he had been eyeing all morning. A lap is a long way on little legs. I let him have it. He deserved it. 

That would be my son pushing a girl out of his way. Or is she pushing him out of the way???

My 3 sons. Sweet and delicious.
Isn't it obvious I'm dieting?

 


Soccer season has started. Nothing says fall like sitting out in 100 degree heat at some semi- new school with no trees or shade, watching a soccer game. So fun. Here's few pictures from our last game.
This won't mean anything to anyone but for the record and for Gavin, because he likes to know this kind of stuff and it means something to him, when I look at these pictures it's like looking at Gavin's dad. They are clones. They way they stand, the little hands on the head thing, the way he crouches over. Even the way he points and yells at his teammates. When he does it. Communicate Gavin! (He's captain) Dad played college soccer and it's like watching a miniature version of that.  It just kind of blows my mind sometimes. 

I'm so proud of Gavin. I know every parent loves to watch their child play and I'm no different. It's incredible to see how every season he matures and grows and develops in the game. He gets faster and stronger every year. His dad is the coach and I know he and everyone else is focused on Gavin's game, but I love to watch his face, as you can tell by most of my photos.  That's what I'm always looking at.





This got by. 

That was a freaking AWESOME PK save! To the right and he guessed it. Tied game.  I get so nervous just at the set up of a PK. My stomach goes into knots for him. I can just feel his anxiety.  By the way he brushes his hands on the sides of his knees. 
Misses the first. I don't know who is dying more. Me or him. Next one, he saves it!!  OH! My heart, be still my heart!! This picture looks a little anti-climatic, but I was trying to peek over the camera to see the kick for myself and still get a shot of it. It's not the best but you can see that he saved it. It was so exciting!
What a boy... My biglittle boy. Sniff..  

Coming up are the photos of the  crazy fire we had in our hills on Monday. I'm waiting for David to get off his computer and using up all the....modem? so it doesn't take a year for me to upload my photos. Get off David!!


5 comments:

HeatherWasHere said...

I think the hands on head shot is the spitting image of Prince Harry. The younger one. Am I right??? He looks just beautiful. Cute cute cute boys you have, Suze.

Renee Hart said...

Gavin does look like Prince Harry in that hands on head shot!
Your boys are cute and sweet and delicious and we LOVE having you come and stay with us.
I love the pics of Shelley running with the big kids- so cute!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Does that mean you might be in Clovis the week of Oct. 17 when I'll be there to see my baby brother married??

kelly said...

I love being able to say "my three sons" Great pics, all of them, and Sheldon running with the big kids is way to funny. Maybe sometime if things are for some reason not too crazy busy when your here we could get together.

Jenny said...

I was also thinking Prince Harry; but a litle Fresno blast furnace makes the cheeks so rosy...Sam was a goalie too, back in the day. So stressful! Win or lose, it's always the goalie who gets credit/blame!