Well it was another wonderful Gavin weekend- a week ago. I'm slow with photos. Gavin and I kicked it off Friday night at his school's Mother Son dance. It was a Hawaiian theme dance. Hence Grandpa's hawaiian shirts and plastic lei's. Guess who didn't pull her butt of the dance floor until 8:00 PM. That's right. Me, dancing queen, feels seventeen. I really do. We danced till lights came on, the disco ball dimmed and the magic ended. We partied pretty hard to the Chicken Dance-lame, the Macarena- we love a song with a purpose, the new Macarena- it has a new name and I don't know what it is but there are some slides, a cha cha part, foot stomps and some spoken word instruction during the song about what moves you are supposed to do, SoulJa Boy- (I don't know it that is misspelled properly)- lots of little fast hops and a long slide whilst spreading your arms out wide like you're swimming when SoulJa Boy sings the word "supermaaaan" and "ooooohhhh", Cotton Eyed Joe- we had a mom who is a closet clogger I guess because she busted some serious moves/routine when that one played, and much much more. The highlight was probably dancing to SoulJa Boy. All the little boys 2 nd grade through 6 th ran out (he's very popular amongst male youth) to do this frantic hopping- sliding- swimming- dance and I (the most frantic) sort of got stuck in the middle trying to keep up with all of them as all the other moms quickly hit the sidelines for punch and cookies. Probably making fun of me no doubt. "...is that Gavin Fluharty's mother?... oh my gosh it is.... she looks like a giraffe...she's so sweaty" They kind of talk about me already so that whole spectacle was probably just more for their arsenal. The talk is that I have huge underpants. Now it's huge underpants AND floppy dancer. Oh well. Gavin still happens to think I'm cool this year. So they can piss off. He loves to dance and still loves to dance with me. He lets me put my hands in his back pockets when we slow dance. It's just something I really like to do. I wonder how many more years I'm going to be able to pull that off before he gets too cool for me to be holding his butt cheeks, flail around to the Chicken Dance, swim dance to SoulJa Boy and still find me hilarious and fun. I hope at least until sixth grade. All in all it was fun and we can't wait to go next year. FYI- Gavin got his dancing skills from me. He's hot!
Two things.
1. I heard there is a video of instruction to the dance routine of "Crank It" sung by SoulJa Boy for young children wishing to learn it for themselves. If anyone has it I would like to borrow it in case next year this song is still cool; I would like to know what I am doing and surprise Gavin.
2. The reason I know the moms think I have weird underpants is because I took Gavin to his classmates pool party 2 summers ago and I had on low jeans and when I bent over to put my hands in the water my shirt and jeans totally separated and exposed the five yards of white stretchy underwear that I had on and I heard one of the moms in a group of four or five behind me gasp. Very loudly. It's fine. They are really big.
4 comments:
How fun! I can't wait to go on a mommy/son date...we did it once, but not at a school dance and had so much fun! He sure is growing up! He will remember this fun night always...
you soooooo crack me up! big pants-sweaty dancer girl!!!! looks like you hand a blast. he will never forget that dance for sure!
So fun!!! You are the coolest mom! I bet he had such a good time. I love Soulja boy . . .makes me want to dance.
That looks likes so much fun. What a good idea! I wish max's school did it too. Max can really dance!
Post a Comment