If anyone reading this knows Whitley you know she is a very.....exuberant child. A little weird, very loud, and all around a one of a kind girl who changes her clothes approximately 4 times a day. Sometimes I can get a little overwhelmed- read: want to pull out my hair with her and I forget what a little angel we have roaming the halls of this house. Christian left this on my computer for me to remind me of the softer side of Whitley. The side we don't see too often but is there.
When she was a baby I could not get enough of her. She was like my doll. I dressed her up in fun dresses and bows and paraded her around. She would smile and really play it up for anyone who would look in her direction. She still does. A room full of people is a room full of friends. Friends ready to adore her. In Whitley's World. We say Whitley's World because there is one, just no one but her has cracked the code to get in yet.
When she was a baby and it was just Me, Whitley and Gavin we would all sleep in one big bed because no one wanted to sleep alone and I would feel like everything was just perfect. Right there in that bed and those were some of my happiest memories. When I was watching this video (and sobbing) I was thinking I would give anything to go back and have one day with that chubby little girl baby. I just want to feel and hold her one more time when she was small like that.
9 comments:
Oh, this makes me miss your little girl! SHe is such a doll...you are right, you always dressed her SOOO cute! We loved her!
Well, this little video clip had ME sobbing too! I adore Whitley and always will, no matter who's world she is in.
Now you know why I can't look at any of the videos we have of all of you. I end up crying and missing those days too much. Just a little word of advice- never take a day for granted- your time with your children is TOO short. You hear this all the time but it's heartbreakingly true. Make every day count and enjoy it!
I love you.
Mom
We all need to remember the cherubic angel stage of childhood. That may be the only thing that helps us make it through the teenage years!
I don't even know her but when I see her she makes me smile! She has an amazing personality that attracts people. I love the song playing on your blog and it made me miss those moments with my daughter and she's only one!
This had me tearing up(which is hard to do now that i'm not pregnant anymore).
I just had to pack up some of cohen's clothes because he grew out of them, and the whole time i was thinking,"oh crap. he's growing up so fast."
i have a video of me and whitley...i will email it to you.
What a precious thing to have of her. Gosh, who would have thought we would be old enough to have our own children and missing the days of them being so small and precious???
I found your blog through Jennifer Ward's. I'm glad you have one, it has been fun reading up on all that's going on with you. I love the Mother Son dance pictures.
That video is so sweet! :) Did Christian make it for you?
He did. Very sweet.
Post a Comment